The power of content marketing
It is often said that content is king in digital marketing, and this is true. The reason for this, is that without content, a lot of other areas of marketing just wouldn’t perform as well. SEO and social media perform better when you have great content for consumption.
Without content, there is nothing to optimise to help improve your organic rankings. Without content, you have nothing to share on social media. You would probably find that you struggle with a backlink building campaign, as it is relevant and good content, that gains good links.
On top of all of this, content is a great way to engage with existing customers or a brand new audience. Connecting with your audience through helpful, relevant content not only adds to your brand recognition, it also improves customer engagement for long-term retention.
The purpose of content marketing is to act a little bit like a sales funnel, as follows:
- To attract potential customers and make them aware of your brand
- To encourage them to become familiar with your brand, think positively about you and to trust you
- To influence them into deciding to take the action that you want them to take
We specialise in creating practical content strategies that can be shared across multiple channels to help achieve your business goals and objectives.
Content marketing statistics
The value that content marketing can add to your digital marketing efforts is often incredibly high. To support and prove this, we’ve put together a few useful stats as an introduction:
- 60% of marketers create at least one piece of content each day. Source: eMarketer
- Content marketing typically costs 62% less than traditional marketing and tends to generate about 3 times as many leads. Source: DemandMetric
- 93% of B2B marketers use content marketing. Source: CMI
- 60% of the most effective B2C marketers have a documented content strategy. Source: CMI
- 82% of marketers who blog see a positive ROI from their inbound marketing. Source: HubSpot
- Conversion rates are nearly 6 times higher for content marketing adopters than non-adopters (2.9% vs 0.5%). Source: Aberdeen
- 39% of marketing budgets are spent on content marketing by the most effective B2B marketers. Source: TopRankBlog
User research for successful content marketing
The first step of a successful digital content marketing plan is to research your audience and identify subjects that concern them. Then you need to consider exactly how these subjects fit into the buying cycle. Finally, a strong content strategy needs to relate subjects to issues, and issues to assets.
We create assets that address all stages of the marketing funnel for B2B and B2C businesses. Whether it’s creating awareness for potential customers, creating content about a product and service you offer, or looking after customers post-purchase, our content marketing services effectively connects with all levels of decision making.