The power of content marketing
It is often said that content is king in digital marketing, and this is true. Connecting with your audience through helpful, relevant content not only adds to your brand recognition, it also improves customer engagement for long-term retention.
The purpose of content marketing is to act a little bit like a sales funnel, as follows:
- To attract potential customers and make them aware of your brand
- To encourage them to become familiar with your brand, think positively about you and to trust you
- To influence them into deciding to take the action that you want them to take
We specialise in creating practical content strategies that can be shared across multiple channels to help achieve your business objectives.
Content marketing statistics
The value that content marketing can add to your digital marketing efforts is often incredibly high. To support and prove this, we’ve put together a few useful stats as an introduction:
- 60% of marketers create at least one piece of content each day. Source: eMarketer
- Content marketing typically costs 62% less than traditional marketing and tends to generate about 3 times as many leads. Source: DemandMetric
- 93% of B2B marketers use content marketing. Source: CMI
- 60% of the most effective B2C marketers have a documented content strategy. Source: CMI
- 82% of marketers who blog see a positive ROI from their inbound marketing. Source: HubSpot
- Conversion rates are nearly 6 times higher for content marketing adopters than non-adopters (2.9% vs 0.5%). Source: Aberdeen
- 39% of marketing budget is spent on content marketing by the most effective B2B marketers. Source: TopRankBlog
User research for successful content marketing
The first step of a successful content marketing strategy is to research your audience by identifying the subjects which concern them the most. Then comes consideration as to how these subjects fit into the buying cycle. Finally, a strong content strategy needs to relate subjects to issues, and issues to assets.
For both B2B and B2C companies, we create assets that address all stages of the marketing funnel. Whether it’s creating awareness for potential new customers, or nurturing customers post-purchase, our content effectively resonates with all levels of decision making.