Strategy, Design & Build
Main Function of Job Role:
The UX Consultant role covers the delivery of Research and Information Architecture works, facilitating workshops and meetings with clients and creating specification documentation. The objective is to deliver the highest level of service to our clients throughout the project process and work within the constraints of the project deadlines and budgets.
In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required within your skill and competence.
You will be based at the Company’s offices at:
Beacon End Courtyard, London Road, Colchester, Essex, CO3 ONU and will be required to travel away from the Company’s premises to locations across the United Kingdom, as your duties may necessitate.
- The day-to-day management and client communication of Coast Digital’s strategy & consultancy offering, with tasks including:
- Creating an overall vision for projects, communicating these to the client and visual design and development teams.
- Working independently to deliver IA outputs and specification documentation.
- Attending and leading client meetings and workshops on client locations and at Coast Digital offices gather information from multiple stakeholders on client and user requirements.
- Designing user surveys and interview discussion guides to inform outputs.
- Undertaking research activities in various environments including focus groups, telephone enquiry and in the field surveys and interviews.
- Conducting usability reviews/analysis & competitor analysis.
- Developing and running user testing at various stages within a project using a variety of means including remote testing, lab testing and contextual testing.
- Creating user personas while understanding & developing user journeys to suit user types and behaviours.
- Producing Information Architecture outputs for sites including sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, functional specifications.
- Presenting, justifying and negotiating the recommendations made to clients.
- Support activities for the Sales team or other internal departments:
- Provide the Sales team with estimations and quotes for prospective Consultancy work.
- Accompany the Sales team to client meetings and presentations as appropriate.
- Educate sales team to ensure high levels of product awareness and understanding.
- Offer advice and guidance to other departments in regards to best practices and emerging trends.
- Provide the Production Director with advice and guidance when reviewing operational procedures and make recommendations for changes to improve UX practices, controls and operational efficiency.
- Assist the Production Director in identifying, implementing and maintaining best practice standards and methods with the objective of driving Quality in the Production Department.
- Continually look at ways to improve customer satisfaction, communication, quality assurance and customer retention.
Skills & Competence Required:
- Strong experience in user experience design and best practice in usability – (essential)
- Strong communication, client presentation and liaison skills – both written and verbal (essential)
- Well organised with exceptional attention to detail – (essential)
- Good literacy and accuracy skills – (essential)
- Experience of using web analytics tools (essential)
- Experience of web design, and design best practices (desired)
- Experience of prototyping software and methodologies, Axure, Invision etc. (desired)
- Experience of Digital marketing – (desired)
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS (desired)
We will consider permanent, freelance and fixed term appointments.
As a permanent employee you can look forward to receiving our great employee package including:
- A competitive salary.
- Private health care (after 6 months service).
- 25 days holiday per annum.
- Flexible start time (7:45am – 16:30pm or 8:45am – 17:30pm).
- An early finish on Fridays – 15:30pm.
- Contributory pension scheme 3%.
And on the social side you can look forward to regular company-organised events.
If you are interested in this opportunity we’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org