What is a website content audit?
A content audit is an essential part of the strategy behind boosting your entire digital presence. Put simply, content audits are conducted in order to:
- Assess which content on your site is the most popular and effective.
- Identify ways in which less effective content can be improved.
- Create a detailed content strategy with recommendations for future content.
However, a content audit isn’t a quick ten-minute job, it often takes time, tools, and expert analysis to truly determine areas for improvement.
How we carry out content audits
At Coast Digital, our content specialists take the time to understand your specific business objectives before beginning the audit process.
Not only that, but we make it a priority to get to know your brand and target market so that we can give you the best advice on how to drive traffic and capture the attention of your audience.
Our approach to content audits begins with a thorough and systematic review of all the content on your website, in order to assess:
- How well your content performs (based on page views and viewer involvement).
- Which pieces of content are outdated and need updating or removing.
- Whether there are any gaps in your current content offering.
- Opportunities for improving the quality of your content for optimal performance.
After that, we compile our findings and provide an actionable list of recommendations for enhancing your content strategy and improving performance both short term and long term.