Why WordPress is an Enterprise CMS
A brief guide to what the industry-leading content management system has to offer digital marketers, website developers and website owners
- Introduction to WordPress
- Why WordPress?
- WordPress interface & plugins
- SEO-friendly features
- Why WP Engine?
- Web design & development at Coast
This guide is intended for:
- Digital Marketers
- Website Developers
- Website Owners/Webmasters
WordPress – the website host with the most
Since its inception in 2003, WordPress has grown from a basic blogging tool into the leading digital experience platform (DXP) of choice.
The ever-evolving digital landscape makes it crucial for marketers and web developers to look to the future and invest in hosting options, tools and resources that offer flexibility, ease of use and advanced capabilities, without costing an arm and a leg.
Many expensive Enterprise CMS platforms – such as Sitecore, a closed-source CMS – lack the kind of agility that you get when you pair WordPress with an outstanding hosting provider such as WP Engine.
This guide details the unrivalled advantages of WordPress, including its:
- Advanced marketing and development capabilities
- High-performance hosting abilities
- Utilisation of cutting-edge technology
- Unparalleled speed, scalability and security
Technology is constantly evolving at a rapid pace, so your chosen CMS has to be able to efficiently deal with digital transformation and sector-specific developments, such as dynamic changes in the market and shifts in consumer demand.
Choosing a well-hosted CMS that can grow and develop with yours or your client’s business is the perfect way to ‘future-proof’ for continued success.
WordPress offers a plethora of AI-powered plugins to allow for easy site updates, performance and security monitoring, post scheduling, site analytics, regular backups, and so much more.
With such management capabilities as these, WordPress can be whatever kind of CMS that site owners want and need it to be.
WordPress is used by 38.3% of all websites, making it the most popular CMS with nearly 64% of the market share.
A user-friendly interface
The WordPress platform is often praised for its ease of use and user-friendliness, even for non-tech savvy people. Creating and maintaining a successful WordPress website doesn’t rely on coding or programming skills, making it a clean, simple and beginner-friendly dashboard for:
- Publishing, optimising and organising content
- Editing and customising website features
- Creating an enhanced end-user experience
A plugin for everything
There are more than 50,000+ plugins available to WordPress users. Plugins help to streamline, simplify and often automate website functionality, making optimisation activities more straightforward than ever.
Powerful eCommerce plugins – such as WooCommerce – are available to give websites complete eCommerce functionality – from striking themes and product displays, to shopping baskets and checkout features. WordPress supports a variety of secure payment gateways and can seamlessly integrate with existing websites.
WordPress is truly a powerhouse of extensive SEO capabilities that help to enhance SERP visibility.
When it comes to Search Engine Optimisation, there’s no question of WordPress’ ability to significantly outperform other content management systems.
Which aspects of SEO does WordPress support?
- Mobile optimisation – WordPress’ back end is completely mobile responsive.
- Image optimisation – there are loads of plugins that can regularly automate image optimisation.
- Content management & optimisation – enjoy a full spectrum of tools and themes for creating and enhancing content.
- Crawlability – utilise powerful features that help Googlebots easily crawl and index a website for better visibility and ranking.
- Meta data – smart plugins can automatically generate relevant meta data based on your content.
- Permalinks – WordPress offers naturally optimised permalink structures.
Further reading – Mini Guide: 5 WordPress Myths Debunked
Why WP Engine?
For websites built on WordPress, WP Engine’s hosting platform provides the ability to create user-friendly digital experiences for both webmasters and website end users alike.
WP Engine’s extensive security measures allow for the management and optimisation of websites within a secure environment.
For companies of all shapes and sizes
Some of the world’s biggest brands rely on WP Engine’s award-winning services and support, benefiting from the web host’s unrivalled:
What’s more, WP Engine’s feature-rich web management services have also proven intuitive and affordable enough for individuals and SMEs.
Source: WP Engine
WP Engine offers its users a wide array of performance-enhancing tools and features, including:
- Page performance & site speed tests
- Localised content delivery options for personalised experiences
- WordPress-specific features (including SSL certificates, automated migrations, staging sites, tracking & diagnostics)
If you’d like to find out more about WP Engine, visit www.wpengine.co.uk.
WordPress web design, development and UX at Coast
Coast Digital’s expert WordPress developers deliver website solutions that put the control back in your hands.
We know WordPress inside out
Our web designers, developers, and user experience experts are highly experienced in creating efficient and effective WordPress websites.
As well as creating fully optimised websites, our WordPress specialists can work closely with you to help you learn how to:
- Navigate WordPress and use its powerful editing toolsets.
- Design, shape and implement the perfect online experience for your clients or customers.
- Evolve and grow yours or your client’s website in line with business objectives.
See how we’ve helped clients create remarkable, user-centric online experiences.
Gay Times Magazine
Based on user research, we helped bring the GT website into the modern age.
Read more >
We created a modern, user-friendly site that interactively showcases a unique brand story.
Read more >
We used a user-focused design to create a responsive, mobile-optimised website to help Gatwick Parking achieve higher revenues.
Read more >
To speak to us about your WordPress website needs, call today on 0845 450 2086.
Our website services:
Website Design | Website Development | UX Design & Testing