Times are tough for gyms in a very competitive market, so I was impressed to see The Gym using email remarketing to its full potential. Like many others I wanted to join a gym – I clearly already possess a svelte physique, but there is always room for improving your fitness right?
The Gym’s offering is attractive for a number of reasons and its USPs have helped to define it in a crowded marketplace. For me, it was appealing because I didn’t want a long term, expensive contract and The Gym’s no contract, low price and simplicity suited me perfectly, I was in.
Starting the sign-up process online was easy enough, but during the sign-up process, I was called away and never completed the transaction. Not to worry, The Gym had already collected my email address during the process and sent me the following email a short time later:
- Well structured – short, sharp copy, good imagery and a scannable format
- Contained a number of reasons to join – benefit-driven messaging
- Used persuasive language – encouraging me towards a positive outcome
- Had a strong call to action – “join online now”
- Contained ways to get in contact and find further information if needed – not just about the sell
The simplicity of this email is what makes it so effective and undoubtedly, it will encourage many people that drop out during the sign-up process to complete. This process certainly worked for me. I am now a fully-fledged member of the gym, let’s hope I don’t receive an email in a couple of months asking why I haven’t been!