Gaining 11% of the market share in just under a year is no small feat – if growth continues at this rate Bing will outdo Yahoo by the end of this year.
Are 78 million users just too lazy to use Google when Bing has been pre-installed on their new HP and Dell computers?
As a dedicated Google user since the late 90s I ‘decided’ to check out what the decision engine is all about… my thoughts are as follows:
- Yes, the front page is prettier and I like the ‘see more’ option
- Links to MSN shopping – never liked it, never used it, never will (and it doesn’t convert)
- News – standard
- Maps – standard
- What else? Easy login to Hotmail
Bing or Google?
So, do I think Bing is better than Google?
Okay, okay, I will explain further…
- I don’t need my search engine to look pretty – I just want to find relevant results
- MSN shopping – give me a break
- The Google News homepage is more visual and user friendly
- Maps – much of a muchness
- Hotmail – login isn’t exactly a chore
Microsoft is obviously into its second big-budget UK advertising campaign, and no doubt people will want to see what the fuss is about.
As for me, it’s back to good old Google for now.